Link between Elrond web wallet and Maiar wallet

Mad Max

Guys, help needed.

I have tokens staked from the web wallet. 

The issue is that I have installed Maiar afterwards. How do I link it with the web wallet?

I do not want to create a new web wallet as I have tokens staked and I don't want to lose 10 days of interest.

So in big terms I want Maiar to use the existing web wallet, not the other way around 

I have a pretty similar problem. I installed Maiar, made wallet on Maiar.

Now, i understand that i cant login on web with the Maiar wallet on web so i can stake ?

My question is, i need to make another wallet on website ?

Same here, I delegated to Maiar browser then installed Maiar app with the same wallet and delgated EGLD does not show on app, only when going to browser. Why can’t this be fixed?

Hey, the delegated EGLD from the web wallet doesn't appear in the app because Maiar doesn't have any delegation (legacy) section, it only has access to staking.
If you stake your tokens instead, you will see them in both apps. The delegation (legacy) will go away anyway.
And to use the same wallet, you can for example in Maiar say you already have an account, and input the 24 words secret key of your wallet there.
And vice versa, on the web wallet, you can also input the 24 words secret key and transfer there. Now you will have both accounts with the same private key (same account basically)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have the same problem. I currently have the elrond web wallet that I can access with a keystore file and a password.  I downloaded the Maiar wallet but can't link it to my web wallet.  The Maiar app is asking for the 24 word secret phrase but I don't have this.  So, is the solution to create a new Maiar wallet and send egld from my web wallet to Maiar?  Thanks.

• Elrond Team
5 hours ago, Kini said:

Hi, I have the same problem. I currently have the elrond web wallet that I can access with a keystore file and a password.  I downloaded the Maiar wallet but can't link it to my web wallet.  The Maiar app is asking for the 24 word secret phrase but I don't have this.  So, is the solution to create a new Maiar wallet and send egld from my web wallet to Maiar?  Thanks.

When you created your web wallet you were required to save the 24 words somewhere safe (written down on paper etc.) and in the next step the wallet creation wizard requested you to input 3 randomly selected words from your secret phrase, to make sure you did save those somewhere.

The 24 words secret phrase is very important for wallet recovery, so  if you cannot find those I would consider creating a new wallet, transferring the funds there and this time taking care not to lose the words, as this might mean losing access to the funds in the wallet.

No one can help you gain access to the wallet once you lost both the secret phrase and the file + password.

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2021 at 11:18 AM, Adrian Dobrita said:

When you created your web wallet you were required to save the 24 words somewhere safe (written down on paper etc.) and in the next step the wallet creation wizard requested you to input 3 randomly selected words from your secret phrase, to make sure you did save those somewhere.

The 24 words secret phrase is very important for wallet recovery, so  if you cannot find those I would consider creating a new wallet, transferring the funds there and this time taking care not to lose the words, as this might mean losing access to the funds in the wallet.

No one can help you gain access to the wallet once you lost both the secret phrase and the file + password.

the question is still valid: how can one connect the Elrond web wallet with the app Maiar one? I tried to scan the QR code with the app, but nothing happens.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Elrond Team
On 6/18/2021 at 7:24 PM, Andrei Corbu said:

the question is still valid: how can one connect the Elrond web wallet with the app Maiar one? I tried to scan the QR code with the app, but nothing happens.

Just tried it earlier and it worked

Can you update the maiar app and try again?

Let me know if there is still an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have a similar issue but I think there is no resolve. I have egld staked on both the Maiar App, and Elrond Web wallet, is there any way I can merge the two without having to remove the stake ? I'd prefer to merge both into the maiar app but wouldn't be opposed to the web wallet. Would just like the money in one place especially for when it comes to restaking my rewards.