Will only official staking partners be listed in Maiar and wallet? Small node operator challenges

Good day all.  

Had a question.  For the imminent phase 3 full launch,  staking providers will be listed within Maiar.  My question is:  will only the official staking partners be listed in Maiar and the wallet? 

If this is the case, I'm concerned as a small single node (hopeful) delegation pool operator, worried if I will even be able to compete with larger pools and reach my first 2500 pooled egld needed to launch my service.  

If it is only official partner staking providers to be listed,  would that be a 'make or break' qualification to be listed in the app?  In other words, won't the top 15 or 20 staking providers that are official partners completely dominate the network staking, and all single node operators be crowded out in this design? 

If a single node provider isn't an official partner, is there anything the node operator can do to improve his chances to be so? There is no published 'official staking partner' requirements or submission process (  that I'm aware of) so for an outside perspective,  for an outside observer, it seems arbitrary who is 'official or not, and this being or not being designated an official staking partner, basically allows or disallows you from offering your staking service within Maiar, where the vast majority of users will be selecting from. 

For my own SaaSP (steak4all.app ) I'm offering a unique NFT reward for my pools, been staying up late optimizing my builds, and have been working on 6+ test nodes for over a month, testing testing testing,setting up my delegation manager etc,  but I'm getting worried that if I'm not an official staking partner, there will be very little chance of me be able to launch my service successfully -- not due to the value of my service provider, but because users would have no way to find me.  I'm spending time on promotions (which is not a specialty, I'm a technologist foremost) yet I don't feel much optimism that I'll be able to reach the needed number of delegators to even start my service offering. And if I can't launch on April 6/7th, then there is no way users will wait until I reach 2500, they will pull their egld and go to a node operator who is automatically opening his 35th or 40th node, not his 1st on which his entire service offering depends on.  

In summary:  will the list of staking providers be a 'live list' that is automatically collated from available pools, listing the fees? If so that's awesome.  If it is only the official staking partners, this system will heavily favor the top 15 existing staking providers leading to heavy centralization to a small amount of node operators, which seems against the primary reason for going to Phase 3, which is decentralization. 

One possible suggestion would be for an official 'Elrond Staking Provider Qualified' seal/designation criteria that is made publicly available. 

This could be a set of criteria for which a service provider must meet in order gain the approval for listing as an official staking provider, which also imparts the value of being visible within Maiar and wallet, linking to the service provider.   

Potential basic criteria could be: 

1) The SaaSP must demonstrate SC basics by setting their own on-chain identity via the 'Meta' IDs for provider name, website and keybase.io

2) The SaaSP must have a website and [x] number of additional social media links (twitter, facebook, linkedin) 

3) The SaaSP must maintain at least 1 observer node associated with their SaaSP, so that users can observe the SaaSP's test/dev/net node performance on Explorer. 

4) And by offering a stake pool delegation, the SaaSP provider is assigning a minimum of 1250 EGLD to the project.

Through a system such as this:  management of SaaSP providers is moved more to an automatic system than a manual one, and it is a system that is more equitable and decentralized. 

For example of this new system: 

John has 1250 egld, wants to start offering a staking service for his favorite blockchain, egld. 

John sees that in order to be easily staked with, within the wallet and Maiar, John will need to meet the criteria to be approved as an 'Official Elrond Staking Partner' (or 'Elrond Qualified Node Operator'), as is posted publicly on the elrondpartners website. If John can't qualify, he could try to get his own pool together, but that would be near impossible to raise 1250 egld from strangers -- perhaps at even 0% fees. 

John fires up a few test and dev net nodes to familiarize himself with their operation, incurring say $1000 in costs for the first month in his local currency for the cloud servers. 

John goes about setting up his online identities fulfilling the requirements for public visibility, presence, support, etc.  

With work John fulfills the 4 requirements above. And this is all processed through smart contracts. Upon fulfilling the smart contract, he receives one 'Elrond Seal of Approval'  token that confers his qualifications, and then is automatically listed as an available service provider within Maiar and the wallets.  The token can be automatically withdrawn if certain smart contract data fields change, such node jailing for example. 

Perhaps this would be a better idea for Phase 4!  Thank you for reading.   

• Elrond Team
13 hours ago, Kevin Reese said:

Good day all.  

Had a question.  For the imminent phase 3 full launch,  staking providers will be listed within Maiar.  My question is:  will only the official staking partners be listed in Maiar and the wallet? 

If this is the case, I'm concerned as a small single node (hopeful) delegation pool operator, worried if I will even be able to compete with larger pools and reach my first 2500 pooled egld needed to launch my service.  

If it is only official partner staking providers to be listed,  would that be a 'make or break' qualification to be listed in the app?  In other words, won't the top 15 or 20 staking providers that are official partners completely dominate the network staking, and all single node operators be crowded out in this design? 

If a single node provider isn't an official partner, is there anything the node operator can do to improve his chances to be so? There is no published 'official staking partner' requirements or submission process (  that I'm aware of) so for an outside perspective,  for an outside observer, it seems arbitrary who is 'official or not, and this being or not being designated an official staking partner, basically allows or disallows you from offering your staking service within Maiar, where the vast majority of users will be selecting from. 

For my own SaaSP (steak4all.app ) I'm offering a unique NFT reward for my pools, been staying up late optimizing my builds, and have been working on 6+ test nodes for over a month, testing testing testing,setting up my delegation manager etc,  but I'm getting worried that if I'm not an official staking partner, there will be very little chance of me be able to launch my service successfully -- not due to the value of my service provider, but because users would have no way to find me.  I'm spending time on promotions (which is not a specialty, I'm a technologist foremost) yet I don't feel much optimism that I'll be able to reach the needed number of delegators to even start my service offering. And if I can't launch on April 6/7th, then there is no way users will wait until I reach 2500, they will pull their egld and go to a node operator who is automatically opening his 35th or 40th node, not his 1st on which his entire service offering depends on.  

In summary:  will the list of staking providers be a 'live list' that is automatically collated from available pools, listing the fees? If so that's awesome.  If it is only the official staking partners, this system will heavily favor the top 15 existing staking providers leading to heavy centralization to a small amount of node operators, which seems against the primary reason for going to Phase 3, which is decentralization. 

Hi Kevin,

All staking providers using the delegation manager to generate their delegation SC will be listed in Maiar and Web Wallet, though it will be visible who is official partner.

As you mentioned the list will be updated "live" (though expect some delays in the refresh of the providers list, it's not instant)

Thank you Adrian.  

Great to read your response, this takes care of my primary worry that if I wasn't an official staking partner, that I would not be very visible to potential clients.  If the list of staking providers is derived according to delegation SC owners (or similar) than that sounds great to me. 

I was getting nervous on whether my status of being an official partner (or not) would either make or break my service offering, but this seems not to be the case. Looking forward to launch!  Only mere days now...  😄