Staking in Maiar?

I think it is slightly different in the Elrond wallet, they term is delegate and there is quite a waiting list, which is growing quite quickly. While you get some rewards in the waiting list, I would wait to see what benefits you get from staking on maiar.

When will we be able to stake on maiar? It says on the website in FAQs:

Elrond is an internet-scale blockchain for fast, secure digital payments. Elrond Gold (eGLD) is the native currency of the Elrond blockchain, that you can send, spend and stake using Maiar.

Also can anyone please explain how the delegation waiting list on elrond wallet works? I've delegated to it but I can't find any information that explains how long it takes to get off the waiting list and if I am earning anything on the waiting list... Thank :)

• Elrond Team
9 hours ago, LiveSource said:

When will we be able to stake on maiar? It says on the website in FAQs:

Also can anyone please explain how the delegation waiting list on elrond wallet works? I've delegated to it but I can't find any information that explains how long it takes to get off the waiting list and if I am earning anything on the waiting list... Thank 🙂

The waiting list is currently a buffer for easy replacement of "leaving active stake" with "waiting stake". At this moment the only way to enter the active stake is if someone with active stake undelegates.

With activation of phase 3 staking, there will be possibilities to enter the active stake, as we increase the number of validator "seats" from 2169 to 3200, so the "active base stake" in the network will be increased from 2169*2500 to 3200*2500.

Also with the activation of phase 3 staking, in addition to the 3200*2500 base active stake it will be possible to stake more. This extra stake we call it top-up and compared to the base stake APR it will have a lower APR, you can check the phase 3 proposal for the estimated values.

Currently for the waiting lists (we call these also staking queue) there are 5000 eGLD distributed weekly from the elrond foundation funds. The rewards are proportional to the amount and time in waiting list.

So if I do have the maiar the latest app & wallet Why should i create or use the old elron wallet if I want to stake on maiar???

When we'll be able to stake or delegate with maiar according with the quote: :"Elrond is an internet-scale blockchain for fast, secure digital payments. Elrond Gold (eGLD) is the native currency of the Elrond blockchain, that you can send, spend and stake using Maiar."

When / why we cannot sell our EGLD to use using the newest app Maiar? When will this be functional as it is a wallet too after all correct?

Thanks Radu

• Elrond Team
12 hours ago, raducristian30 said:

So if I do have the maiar the latest app & wallet Why should i create or use the old elron wallet if I want to stake on maiar???

When we'll be able to stake or delegate with maiar according with the quote: :"Elrond is an internet-scale blockchain for fast, secure digital payments. Elrond Gold (eGLD) is the native currency of the Elrond blockchain, that you can send, spend and stake using Maiar."

When / why we cannot sell our EGLD to use using the newest app Maiar? When will this be functional as it is a wallet too after all correct?

Thanks Radu

You will be able to stake your tokens (delegation) with maiar after the staking phase 3 update on the elrond mainnet, which is planned for approx. the end of the month.

The staking phase 3 is currently under testing (both internal testing and public testing in the testnet) and the final work is being done for integrating the staking services with the web wallet, maiar and explorer.

The tentative date for the update will be announced shortly.

Work is being done also for selling directly from maiar, but this might come after the phase 3 staking. In the meantime you can go through e.g binance for selling.

this mean i will need to connect crypto com to Maiar. Is Maiar so secure and safe that I don t need ledger to keep/protect my coins? Will Maiar app be compatible with Ledger in near future? If I want to stake in phase 3 can I stake using Ledger or not because it does t stay online so the validators, maiar, and me as delegator are not communicating between them. Am I wrong or? Or there is a click from ledger to stake and than you disconnect it? But than after the period end what happens if ledger is not turn ON and online? Thanks again. 

Any idea which will be the periods of time for staking and the APR or earnings? Will you guys have an option if we forgot or we want to keep them in stake mode to automatically a new staking phase to start automatically one after another till we move the coins from staking option / withdraw them? When will be more coins available for storage on Maiar?

• 1 month later...

Guys, help needed.

I have tokens staked from the web wallet. 

The issue is that I have installed Maiar afterwards. How do I link it with the web wallet? I do not want to create a new web wallet as I have tokens staked and I don't want to lose 10 days of interest.

On 3/27/2021 at 1:31 AM, Mad Max said:

Guys, help needed.

I have tokens staked from the web wallet. 

The issue is that I have installed Maiar afterwards. How do I link it with the web wallet? I do not want to create a new web wallet as I have tokens staked and I don't want to lose 10 days of interest.

Just hit recover wallet in the maiar app and use the recovery phase from your elrond wallet 

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same situation.  I access my web wallet with keystore file and a password.  It didn't require a 24 word recovery phase so how can I link it with the maiar wallet?  Thanks.