It’s Time to Grow: Phase 3 Staking Proposal

16 hours ago, Mihai Iordache said:

Hello,

I am in a bit of a situation. I advanced in the waiting list so much in the last days that I can become an active delegator in about 24 hours if it keeps the same speed. Calculating the APRs in Phase 3, a Phase that I understand will last for about 5 months, please tell me what are your exact plans with the community nodes. Will you force delegators out at some point or will you wait for people to undelegate and shut down the nodes as that happens? Giving the little price cartel SPs created in the last few days, there is nothing attractive in going with them for Phase 3 instead of going with the Elrond nodes. At least you don`t change your fees from one day to another like they do and their fees come closer to yours. At this point for Phase 3 I am inclined to enter the active delegation to get a 29% APR for the next 3 weeks and 5 months of 17.XX% during Phase 3(if I got the duration of Phase 3 right)... than going with a SP and only get about 18.XX% APR for 5 months - (3200 nodes  + 2 mil eGLD top-ups calculated).  I know the focus is on decentralization and I wanted to go to a SP, but please give me, and others in my situation, some real reasons to go with the SP at this point. I asked some of the SP managers why should I choose SP instead of Elrond nodes in my situation and not even one gave me plausible reasons. I only get political answers and no real facts. If the decision should be a no brainer in favor of SPs, please tell me what details I am missing at this point. Thank you!

Hi Mihai,

You need to understand the Elrond vision on the long term and why the most important agencies are Elrond partners (or will be in the near future).
If you focus only on the APR, for sure is the wrong strategy and cannot differentiate the builders vs the opportunistic or scammers.

The most trustable SPs are committed to build new tools, wallets, explorers, to speed up the adoption and to participate in the Elrond growth program on the long term. Elrond Network built a totally disruptive blockchain, open source, where the community plays an important role. Only a strong open source community with dedicated partners can build a solid project, fully distributed and easy maintainable on the long term. 

For a such scalable blockchain as Elrond is not ok to have only a wallet or only an explorer and both built and maintained by Elrond Foundation itself. Key players/partners need to join the game and help to build. Elrond offered lot of value for all the players. Now is our time as a community to offer the same. 

Only the SPs agencies that will offer value will be successful on the long term - this is my vision. You offer value, you receive value (respect from delegators and a reliable business partnership).

As a delegator I'll never trust or delegate my eGLD to a SP offering less than 10%. How is possible for them to maintain all the servers, having a strong team, building new stuff on the Elrond blockchain ..and in the final to have also profits?!

In the final is your decision. There will be also agencies offering less than 15% or even 10% or less. Is your decision if you trust them. A DSC (Delegation SmarContract) not deployed via DM (Delegation Manager) is not trustable in this point and should be avoided. 

Best regards,
Marius

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This proposal is focused on expanding the Elrond staking economy. Please read the information below carefully in preparation for our feedback sessions. The changes we are proposing are meant to o

I'm not part of the team, but just my humble opinion. Need to recap a bit the history to understand the present. This blockchain has less than 7 months from the mainnet and is already in top 20 - 25

Hi Milan, 1. If you run a staking service (accept delegations) there is a delegation manager contract that allows you to create your own delegation contract with your preferred configuration (ser

3 hours ago, Marius Grigoras said:

Hi Mihai,

You need to understand the Elrond vision on the long term and why the most important agencies are Elrond partners (or will be in the near future).
If you focus only on the APR, for sure is the wrong strategy and cannot differentiate the builders vs the opportunistic or scammers.

The most trustable SPs are committed to build new tools, wallets, explorers, to speed up the adoption and to participate in the Elrond growth program on the long term. Elrond Network built a totally disruptive blockchain, open source, where the community plays an important role. Only a strong open source community with dedicated partners can build a solid project, fully distributed and easy maintainable on the long term. 

For a such scalable blockchain as Elrond is not ok to have only a wallet or only an explorer and both built and maintained by Elrond Foundation itself. Key players/partners need to join the game and help to build. Elrond offered lot of value for all the players. Now is our time as a community to offer the same. 

Only the SPs agencies that will offer value will be successful on the long term - this is my vision. You offer value, you receive value (respect from delegators and a reliable business partnership).

As a delegator I'll never trust or delegate my eGLD to a SP offering less than 10%. How is possible for them to maintain all the servers, having a strong team, building new stuff on the Elrond blockchain ..and in the final to have also profits?!

In the final is your decision. There will be also agencies offering less than 15% or even 10% or less. Is your decision if you trust them. A DSC (Delegation SmarContract) not deployed via DM (Delegation Manager) is not trustable in this point and should be avoided. 

Best regards,
Marius

Hello, All,

I just finished reading the posts and get a better understanding of the process, indeed without collaboration and community things moves slower, That's why VISA make so much money as a company because all the world ( community) is using their service ( blockchain in our financial economy), and also no one said nothing about how hard was to get a card at the starting point of Visa card , nowadays we all want contactless but Not everyone has one; 

I understand cause as an Active Delegator cause I don't need to choose Yet an Staking Provider, I could also run my own node for 1250 egld, and the rest from other participants ( friends - community);

And from Phase 4 that can start later this year maybe October depends on how Phase 3 works by , and also maybe some Lower Requierments are disscussed and implemented in order to make things easy as "Visa", and everyone can be satisfied and see the projects reaching the next milestones, till then Active Delegators can remain on Elrond Foundation Nodes, but soon after Phase 3 is a success success , Foundation Nodes can start closing and then what will happen to Active delegation ?

From my understanding Elrondpartners is Ankr and we can use it as SP, any thoughts on that ?

Thank you !

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Sorry to ask a silly question on the phase III of staking, but I see APR rewards in the range of 20,74% and agency fees of 15% for most staking providers, and I’m not sure I fully understand how this will work in the future for delegators: do we only get 5,75% or am I missing something?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 8:28 AM, Marius Grigoras said:

Hi Ikosov,

For the ActiveDelegation the APR is fixed currently at 29% and you need to manually claim the rewards using the ClaimRewards button (right side). This is paid daily.

For the WaitingList Delegation the APR is dynamically and can vary based on the no of eGLD in the queue (which evident can be different from week to week). Last week the APR was ~ 6.7%. This reward is coming by default in your main wallet (from where you made the delegation process), so no need for manually ClaimRewards operation. Also you can see the transaction in the transactions list. This is paid weekly (on every Monday) - you can receive fractional parts of it if you don't have a full week in the List, but is mandatory to still be in the List in the Monday to receive the rewards.
The rewards buffer for both Delegation and Validators Lists is 5000eGLD per week.

Best regards,
Marius

Hi,

If you do not manually claim the rewards (for ActiveDelegation) are those lost?
I noticed that for WaitingList Delegation rewards are moved in the wallet, but did not see the rewards for ActiveDelegation.

Friendly,
Iulian

3 hours ago, Iulian Babalau said:

Hi,

If you do not manually claim the rewards (for ActiveDelegation) are those lost?
I noticed that for WaitingList Delegation rewards are moved in the wallet, but did not see the rewards for ActiveDelegation.

Friendly,
Iulian

Hi Iulian,

Is no problem, you can let the rewards in the Delegation SC and it's up to you when you decide to claim those - there is no risk or fee added if you decide to let them in the SC for many days/years 🙂

The rewards for the WaitingList are sent manually by the team, that's why are received directly in your wallet. 
The rewards for the Active Delegation are sent automatically via the SC - that's why a claim is needed to operate with the SC.

Best regards,
Marius

Bonjour Marius,

Lorsque j'essaie de réclamer mes récompenses ( 10 EGLD ) de ma délégation active via le tableau de bord elrond, la petite fenêtre affiche

Montant0  EGLD= 0 $
Frais0 . 00256732  EGLD≈ 0,5646 $

montant 0 EGLD et fee

Pourquoi il est affiché 0 EGLD sur cette fenêtre alors que j'en ai une dizaine à réclamer...?

J'ai peur de récupérer 0 egld sur mon portefeuille, et que cette récompense n'apparaisse plus comme "à réclamer"....

Que faire ?

1 minute ago, Jr Dalle said:

Bonjour Marius,

Lorsque j'essaie de réclamer mes récompenses ( 10 EGLD ) de ma délégation active via le tableau de bord elrond, la petite fenêtre affiche

Montant0  EGLD= 0 $
Frais0 . 00256732  EGLD≈ 0,5646 $

montant 0 EGLD et fee

Pourquoi il est affiché 0 EGLD sur cette fenêtre alors que j'en ai une dizaine à réclamer...?

J'ai peur de récupérer 0 egld sur mon portefeuille, et que cette récompense n'apparaisse plus comme "à réclamer"....

Que faire ?

Hi @Jr Dalle,

Let's try to keep English here.

That's ok, you make a SC (SmartContract) call - claimRewards, so you don't send funds to the SC, but you'll receive funds from it. That's why the amount is 0$.

Best regards,
Marius