It’s Time to Grow: Phase 3 Staking Proposal

• Elrond Team
58 minutes ago, CAT said:

With respect to the ones in the delegation waiting list, will they be automatically allocated from that waiting list to the newly staking service providers or do we have to withdraw from the waiting list manually and opt-in for the staking provider manually as well?  

If the later, in the case where you have multiple ranks in the waiting list (say 10 in 5.000, 10 in 10,000 and 10 in 15,000) and you decide to withdraw only part of them (10), will the tokens move out in a FIFO matter (those 10 will go out of rank 5,000) or in LIFO matter (those 10 will got out from 15,000)? 

No automatic delegation, you need to undelegate from the waiting list and delegate to a staking provider yourself. In waiting queue there is no unbonding time so after unstake is processed, you can immediately delegate to a staking provider.

Should be Last In First Out

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This proposal is focused on expanding the Elrond staking economy. Please read the information below carefully in preparation for our feedback sessions. The changes we are proposing are meant to o

I'm not part of the team, but just my humble opinion. Need to recap a bit the history to understand the present. This blockchain has less than 7 months from the mainnet and is already in top 20 - 25

Hi Milan, 1. If you run a staking service (accept delegations) there is a delegation manager contract that allows you to create your own delegation contract with your preferred configuration (ser

12 minutes ago, Disruptive Digital said:

When a node will be topped up? What will trigger this situation? It's something that can be controlled?

In my opinion there are 2 situations:
1. Any validator or a staking agency can top-up their nodes from different reasons (small amount -> and cannot start a new node or just don't want to delegate to another validator/node for a better APR - the diff is too small).
2. Imagine that all the 3200 nodes/slots will be full filled by validators/staking agencies. If (new) delegators want to delegate need to put those eGLD to top-up - there is no other way. So starting with phase 3, the max amount of eGLD staked/delegated can be up to 3200nodes*5000egld/per_node = 16 millions eGLD.

Edited by Marius Grigoras
10 hours ago, Razvan said:

One question: are there any other requirements besides the minim 1250 eGLD in order to become a Staking Provider?

You also need to have the right tech skills to deploy/customize a new Delegation Manager SC, deploy the site, manage the nodes (Linux skills mostly) and of course to convince people you're a trustworthy SP agency.

Some important resources:

• Dapp boilerplate for Delegation [1] - basically you have already a web client implementation made by the Elrond team (just need to customize it as you want)
  • Delegation System Smart Contract [2] - the Delegation Manager SC

• video materials from TrustStaking @Trust Staking [3][4] explaining the Delegation Manager deployment and how to stake via a SP

Best regards,
Marius

[1] https://github.com/ElrondNetwork/starter-dapp/tree/master/react-delegationdashboard 

[2] https://github.com/ElrondNetwork/elrond-specs/blob/main/sc-delegation-specs.md

[3] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb4cfDv4XMM&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=TrustStaking

[4] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3rDzD6TiAQ

• Thanks 1

How will I know my funds are in a safe place if I want to delegate my EGLD? Is there gonna be a list with stake providers?

From my point of view the easiest and the most secure method would be still via the delegation list from elrond wallet.

If there are stake providers that will like to fill up their nodes, they should ask and receive funds from the official delegation list. In this way the scam risk will be at minimum. 

Kind regards

1 hour ago, encodefx said:

How will I know my funds are in a safe place if I want to delegate my EGLD? Is there gonna be a list with stake providers?

From my point of view the easiest and the most secure method would be still via the delegation list from elrond wallet.

If there are stake providers that will like to fill up their nodes, they should ask and receive funds from the official delegation list. In this way the scam risk will be at minimum. 

Kind regards

1. The eGLD delegated are not staying in the SC SP wallet, but going in the protocol used for increasing security. Yes, will be a list of all SPs. Even more, the Delegation Manager SC code is audited and open source. The SP is not the owner of your funds and you don't share your private keys with it. You can initiate the unstake operation at any time.

2. Technically is possible to have this "handshake" in place from 2 SCs but doesn't change something from security point of view. Is enough to pay attention at the official SPs web sites. If you're in the active delegation, starting with phase 3 is not mandatory to unstake and go with the SPs, you can still remain in the active delegation. Delegating to the SPs is necessary only for the ones from the delegation waiting list (but only from an economical point of view to receive rewards, the list will still be in place but not rewarded anymore).
More important to keep in mind, your suggestion to be maintained on the long term because Elrond wants to have a real decentralized network and in the final all Elrond Foundation nodes will be turned off (so no Elrond active delegation list on the long term and so on).

Best regards,

Marius

Good morning everybody, one question: I'm in delegation waiting list rank 7500, when the phase 3 will begin, I must withdraw my coins to a validator or I can also remain in waiting list on Elrond wallet? Thanks in advance for your reply

Kind regards. Massimo

1 hour ago, MassimoDeMarc12 said:

Good morning everybody, one question: I'm in delegation waiting list rank 7500, when the phase 3 will begin, I must withdraw my coins to a validator or I can also remain in waiting list on Elrond wallet? Thanks in advance for your reply

Kind regards. Massimo

Hi Massimo,

The delegation waiting list will remain up and running, but not rewarded anymore. 
So if you want to participate in the staking and receive daily rewards, starting with phase 3 need to unstake from the delegation waiting list and delegate to a SP agency.

Best regards,
Marius

Do we have an exact date for the begining of Phase3 ? i am far away in the waiting list (30k+) so if I need to get out of the waiting list in order to be able to delegate to an SP Agency, when will be the best time to do it ? Because it will still take a 10days period for my funds to be back in my wallet.

6 hours ago, MassimoDeMarc12 said:

Ok Thanks Marius! But, as I'm not very practical to move coins ...if I decide to remain in the Elrond wallet, my rank position will increase till to arrive in active delegation? ...in some time..

Thanks

Massimo

Yes, technically speaking is very possible that after a period (impossible to predict) to join the active delegation. However, the SPs APR should be better than Elrond Foundation APR to stimulate the external delegation usage and speed up the decentralization. 

Best regards,

Marius

5 hours ago, Emil said:

Do we have an exact date for the begining of Phase3 ? i am far away in the waiting list (30k+) so if I need to get out of the waiting list in order to be able to delegate to an SP Agency, when will be the best time to do it ? Because it will still take a 10days period for my funds to be back in my wallet.

The exact date will be announced with 14 days before happening. But don't worry, the unstake period from waiting list is instant (10 days unbound period is needed only for the active delegation).

Is it possible to make the minimum service fee dependent on the amount of nodes in a Delegation SC?
Otherwise, larger providers will be able to offer a higher APR than smaller providers, making it relatively hard for new staking providers. Let me explain:

Why would people choose a larger staking provider?
My reasoning is: if a provider runs 50 nodes or 5 nodes, that matters for the average top-up of that provider.
Suppose that the large provider is left with 2499 EGLD and is just unable to create a new node with it. Then those 2,499 EGLD are distributed over the 50 existing nodes.
Imagine that the small provider is left with 2499 EGLD and cannot create a new node with it. Then those 2499 EGLD are distributed over the 5 existing nodes.
For example, the large provider gets an average top-up of ~ 50 EGLD and the small provider an average top-up of ~ 500 EGLD.

This way, the larger provider will be able to offer higher APR than the smaller one, according to the table. You can stimulate smaller providers by allowing them to charge a lower service fee.
I hope this makes sense.

• Elrond Team
22 hours ago, George said:

Hello!

We can delegate Egld to a staking provider from Elrond wallet?

Thanks!

Once the feature gets activated it will be possible to delegate to staking service providers either from web wallet or maiar.

Both web wallet and maiar will have this activated at the same time.

At the moment this is not activated for either.