Trust Wallet - FAQ - swap ERD ERC20 to ERD BEP2

Hello everyone,

I am one of the new persons in here with minimal to zero experience in crypto.

Been following for the past few weeks the CuriosITy & IGDLCC  podcasts and that's how I've seen the interviews between Beniamin Mincu & George Buhnici.

Now, long story short, I''ve followed the steps required to buy ERD tokens using the recommended TRUST WALLET on elrond website, but managed to encounter some small problems...

As many of you probably noticed in TRUST WALLET there are 2 types of ERD token one is ECR20 and the other one is BEP2.

My question is how can I swap ERD ECR20 to ERD BEP2?

I've tried using the QR code (or with the address copy button) for a direct swap, also tried to swap it via ETH or BNB without any luck, every time getting an error message saying "recipient invalid address".

Can anyone please help me with a solution for this problem?

Kind regards,

Adrian

The conversion starts sometime in September unless delayed. some exchanges can convert automatically (I think) if not, you can make an elrond/egld wallet here when its available (again sometime September or early October)  once you have this wallet, just transfer those tokens to it and they will convert.

• 3 months later...

Question still stands... on "TRUST" Wallet, I made the beginner's mistake of buying ERD ERC20 without knowing you cannot do anything with that anymore. I tried swap it for anything else even ERD BEP2 without any luck. My question now is that money gone down the drain or there is still a way to exchange them for other currency in Trust Wallet?

Please let me know if anyone has a solution to this...

Thanks!

• Elrond Team
13 hours ago, adrian said:

Question still stands... on "TRUST" Wallet, I made the beginner's mistake of buying ERD ERC20 without knowing you cannot do anything with that anymore. I tried swap it for anything else even ERD BEP2 without any luck. My question now is that money gone down the drain or there is still a way to exchange them for other currency in Trust Wallet?

Please let me know if anyone has a solution to this...

Thanks!

Hi Adrian,

you can still swap the ERD ERC20 for egld via the bridge

https://bridge.elrond.com/

Check first the blog post for the details so that all is clear:

https://elrond.com/blog/elrond-token-swap-bridge/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Elrond Team
1 hour ago, Marian said:

Hi Adrian, 

I have the same problem. I created the Elrond wallet but not able to transfer or convert to gold: eterium invalid address.

Did you find the solution?

thanks,

marian

Hi Marian,

The bridge should still be functional I just tried swapping some leftover ERD ERC20 tokens following the steps provided in the links above and seems to be ok, but you need to follow the steps exactly, otherwise best case it will not work and report an error just like it did for you, or worst case you will send the tokens somewhere else.

The exact steps I did:

1. go to https://bridge.elrond.com/

2. choose in first field ERD ERC20 (Ethereum)

3. go to https://wallet.elrond.com/ and follow the steps to create a eGLD wallet on mainnet (or access existing one if you already have one)

4. after opening the wallet, copy the address on top (there's a button to copy it) it should look something like  erd1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5. go back to the opened bridge page and fill in second field with the copied address for your eGLD erd1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6. prove you're not a robot checking the checkbox and confirm/next

7. you will be taken to a new page, where an address is generated for you for the swap. For me it was something like this:

Transfer your ERD ERC20 to:
0xc321b5xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8. Copy the 0x..... address generated for you (there is a copy button)

9. Go to your wallet where you see your ERD (ERC20) tokens and send them to this address you just copied.

I went to my erc20 ERD tokens wallet, hit send to create a transaction, pasted the copied address 0xc321b5xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, selected the amount of ERD (I selected all my remaining tokens) and confirmed the transaction.

10. Wait for the transaction to be completed this may take some time, depending on the gas price used.

11. After the transaction is successful, you can go back to the bridge page and hit next

this will take you to another page with a message like:

Swap request processing

Awesome! You did all the steps perfectly.
Your eGLD will be delivered soon. Swap transactions are done in batches and sometimes it can take up to a few hours to be processed if there are many transactions in the queue.

And now you wait until the batch your swap transfer is processed (every batch is processed after a few hours)

these steps above are also described here: https://elrond.com/blog/elrond-token-swap-bridge/

Edited by Adrian Dobrita
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 9:20 PM, Stefan Trufasu said:

one more question here .....how can convert/withdraw/transfer egolds from elrond wallet to fiat money ?

On 1/5/2021 at 1:57 PM, Florentin Grecu said:

i have the sale question: hot can i dell or transfer from Elrond wallet to Fiat money?

Hello Stefan and Florentin. There are several options that allow you to exchange eGold for fiat money, each of them has different rates but the most advantageous ones are directly on Binance.com or via Crypto.comOn Binance you can first sell eGold for the USDT stablecoin , then exchange it into Euro and wire it to your bank account. The offramp process is similar for Crypto.com

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, can anyone support me regarding following: I bought some ERD last year, I got transaction confirmation email but I don't know how to acces the wallet. As far as I remember I create the wallet in Metamask but I don't have the seed phrase anymore to access it.

Do anyone knows if there is other way to access the wallet in order to convert them to EGLD or I just need to forget about it?

Thanks a lot, 

Florin

• Elrond Team
12 hours ago, Florin said:

Hi everyone, can anyone support me regarding following: I bought some ERD last year, I got transaction confirmation email but I don't know how to acces the wallet. As far as I remember I create the wallet in Metamask but I don't have the seed phrase anymore to access it.

Do anyone knows if there is other way to access the wallet in order to convert them to EGLD or I just need to forget about it?

Thanks a lot, 

Florin

If you have access to the computer you used and you still have metamask installed, you can try to access the metamask wallet with the password you set back then. 

Otherwise, if you can't find the seed phrase or you don't have access to the computer you used with metamask then I am afraid no one can help you here.