Delegate Staking

I'm excited about the future of the Elrond community and this main net launch and Maiar. The whole premise of the simplifying participation in block chain ecosystems and scaling block chain for mass adoption is exactly what this technology needs at this time. That being said, I'm feeling like I'm in a bit of a holding pattern. The contract state for my delegate staking is "validating." I appear to have been assigned a delegation contract address and an extended delegation contract address. The reward percentages are clearly listed; however, it also states that 0 ERD are available for delegating. Does that refer to a limited number of delegation slots; and I'm now in line waiting for someone to unstake or does that refer to the number of ERD validated from the thousands of ERD in my Metamask Wallet? If the former, what are the options? Will my delegation contract automatically go through once a position opens up or do I need to check this regularly? Should I expect an e-mail detailing the status of my staking contracts and likely timeframe for fulfillment? If fulfillment of the contract is likely, I would prefer to participate in the genesis. If it is unlikely, I do have alternative, albeit less preferable, opportunities to earn something with my ERD. This is an exciting time to be involved in Elrond. My only recommendation is that we create a robust feedback and confirmation system for individual users. If someone with some experience is left with questions, someone with no or limited experience will be discouraged. The ecosystem needs to rapidly notify users that what they are trying to do is successful, unsuccessful due to whatever reason with a provided solution or will be successful within a timeframe with a follow-up communication. I look forward someone answering my question and hip the developers find this recommendation helpful.

Hi, I'm in the same situation and also had the same concerns. At Elrond main page seems like we are going to take a trip to the space, but I'm not sure if we are heading to a nice planet or directly to the sun to burn our tokens with no gains. This information message "Contract state: validating" is so unclear that I wonder if this is a bad joke or I just need to wait for something magical happen.

Hello, Same to me, I joined with my Metamask Wallet, but all it says is "Contract state: Validating". Has anyone changed from validating to another status? Does it take to much to change that state and being able to delegate and start staking and earning interests?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hey guys, I see some of you are looking at the status of the Genesis Staking contract and have questions about it.

The "Contract state: Validating" means your staked ERC20 ERD tokens have been swapped to eGLD on day 1 of the mainnet (30 July, 1 mont ago), and that it is used for "validating" - meaning it is staked on the network for Validators to operate and secure the network.

You should be checking your Elrond wallets instead, the erd1... addresses that you have used when staking in the first place. You will find the eGLD rewards accrued before the mainnet launch already unlocked there, together with information about how much was staked and how many rewards have you generated from the mainnet launch.

The forums are not the fastest way to get answers to your issues, please go to https://t.me/ElrondNetwork and ask there, you will get a reply usually within minutes! Thanks.

https://medium.com/elrondnetwork/the-elrond-genesis-staking-guide-faqs-4d6c4c9d8fe8