MEX Staking rewards APR/APY

ruxx

1. I am having issues understanding the rationale behind how the APR is decreasing. Is there a blog post or a section of tokenomics that I can read about how the APR is designed to drop and at what percentage it will ideally stabilize? 

2. Also, if we lock the MEX received, the amount we earn is doubled constantly when receiving rewards or will it be doubled when the unlocking period begins?

Thank you!!

• Elrond Team
44 minutes ago, ruxx said:

1. I am having issues understanding the rationale behind how the APR is decreasing. Is there a blog post or a section of tokenomics that I can read about how the APR is designed to drop and at what percentage it will ideally stabilize? 

2. Also, if we lock the MEX received, the amount we earn is doubled constantly when receiving rewards or will it be doubled when the unlocking period begins?

Thank you!!

The MEX economics is available on the website (please bear in mind this is still subject to change but the general idea and the way it is working right now is there):

https://maiar.exchange/mex-economics.pdf

As you can see there is a number of 5mil MEX generated in first week every 6 seconds, and distributed with different proportions to all participants in the farms.

The proportions are also displayed in the maiar.exchange and are 5% for the MEX farming, 20% for the EGLD-USDC LP farming and 75% for the EGLD-MEX LP farming.

This gives fixed rewards so the changing of the APR is related to the changing of the number of farm tokens in the farm, as each get a proportion of the rewards for that farm.

For the doubling rewards I answered this question in a different thread, I am going to paste my response here:

the APR and double APR is influenced by what the other participants in the pool do.

Let's take an example:

1. Everyone chooses to receive unlocked MEX as rewards.

then you get the estimated APR on pool.

2. Everyone but you chooses to receive unlocked MEX as rewards, you select to receive Locked MEX for double rewards.

then you get approximately double the APR shown on the farm, all others receive  approximately the APR shown on the farm.

3. Everyone chooses to receive Locked MEX for double rewards, you choose to receive unlocked MEX for normal rewards:

everyone receives approximately the APR shown on the farm, you receive approximately half the APR shown on the farm.

Now the reason for that is because the rewards per farm are fixed per 6 seconds.

Everyone choosing locked mex as rewards participate with a weight of 2 for their staked tokens in the farm, the others participate with a weight of 1 for their staked tokens in the farm, when the rewards are distributed.