egld value dropping in LP token ?

shnur

Hello, I am new to farming so I apologize if this is a dumb question, but why is the egld value dropping when I hover over the (i) on my staked EGLD-MEX LP. It is going down by .0001 every few minutes. Is it to do with the price of MEX? Just curious... 

• Elrond Team
48 minutes ago, shnur said:

Hello, I am new to farming so I apologize if this is a dumb question, but why is the egld value dropping when I hover over the (i) on my staked EGLD-MEX LP. It is going down by .0001 every few minutes. Is it to do with the price of MEX? Just curious... 

When you add liquidity in the EGLD-MEX pair, you add at the current egld-mex price, but if the price changes, your LP token changes in accordance to this.

Example if you add at the price of 1 egld for 1600000 MEX,  1 EGLD and 1600000, and this was one EGLD-MEX LP token, then if the price moves to 1 egld for 400000 MEX, then you end up with  1*sqrt(1600000/400000) EGLD and 400000*sqrt(1600000/400000)MEX => you end up with 2 EGLD and 800000 MEX for your LP token.

This example does not take into account fees accumulated from swaps, and neither the accumulated rewards from farming the LP token, only the price movement, so it is kept simple.

• Thanks 1