EGLD/MEX APR Way off?

da9el84

I've started staking in the EGLD-MEX Maiar pool with my LP tokens, but I am not seeing the reported +2,300% APR at all.

My stake is 15k USD, which should yield numbers like this: 
Yearly: 345k
Daily: 945
Hourly: 39

What I am seeing is around 24 USD per hour in MEX tokens, which equates to:
Daily: 576
Yearly: 210k
And an APR of around 1,400%

Anyone else seeing this?

Edited by da9el84

• Elrond Team
59 minutes ago, da9el84 said:

I've started staking in the EGLD-MEX Maiar pool with my LP tokens, but I am not seeing the reported +2,300% APR at all.

My stake is 15k USD, which should yield numbers like this: 
Yearly: 345k
Daily: 945
Hourly: 39

What I am seeing is around 24 USD per hour in MEX tokens, which equates to:
Daily: 576
Yearly: 210k
And an APR of around 1,400%

Anyone else seeing this?

Have you chosen to lock your rewards for double APR?

if not then there will be differences.

the APR and double APR is influenced by what the other participants in the pool do.

Let's take an example:

1. Everyone chooses to receive unlocked MEX as rewards.

then you get the estimated APR on pool.

2. Everyone but you chooses to receive unlocked MEX as rewards, you select to receive Locked MEX for double rewards.

then you get approximately double the APR shown on the farm, all others receive  approximately the APR shown on the farm.

3. Everyone chooses to receive Locked MEX for double rewards, you choose to receive unlocked MEX for normal rewards:

everyone receives approximately the APR shown on the farm, you receive approximately half the APR shown on the farm.

Now the reason for that is because the rewards per farm are fixed per 6 seconds.

Everyone choosing locked mex as rewards participate with a weight of 2 for their staked tokens in the farm, the others participate with a weight of 1 for their staked tokens in the farm, when the rewards are distributed.

Bottom line is that it works as expected.

6 minutes ago, Adrian Dobrita said:

Have you chosen to lock your rewards for double APR?

if not then there will be differences.

the APR and double APR is influenced by what the other participants in the pool do.

Let's take an example:

1. Everyone chooses to receive unlocked MEX as rewards.

then you get the estimated APR on pool.

2. Everyone but you chooses to receive unlocked MEX as rewards, you select to receive Locked MEX for double rewards.

then you get approximately double the APR shown on the farm, all others receive  approximately the APR shown on the farm.

3. Everyone chooses to receive Locked MEX for double rewards, you choose to receive unlocked MEX for normal rewards:

everyone receives approximately the APR shown on the farm, you receive approximately half the APR shown on the farm.

Now the reason for that is because the rewards per farm are fixed per 6 seconds.

Everyone choosing locked mex as rewards participate with a weight of 2 for their staked tokens in the farm, the others participate with a weight of 1 for their staked tokens in the farm, when the rewards are distributed.

Bottom line is that it works as expected.

Thanks for the explanation, however it feels a bit weird to have an approximate APR listed that isn't close to the truth, for either of the locked/unlocked stakers.

It would make more sense to then list the true approximate APR on the unlocked and locked variants on there. I am guessing you could show those numbers if you wanted to.

Just my 2 cents.

The quoted interest at the time you have given is provided based on locking the reward for 1 year, if you didn’t tick that box you will only get about half the APR, the reward is LKMEX which cannot be traded but can be reinvested 

2 minutes ago, Danut said:

The quoted interest at the time you have given is provided based on locking the reward for 1 year, if you didn’t tick that box you will only get about half the APR, the reward is LKMEX which cannot be traded but can be reinvested 

Looking at the response from Adrian above, this is flat out wrong...