Maiar ESDT bugs, receiving ESDT's shows incorrect value

Kevin Reese

Hi all.  It's a really exciting time for Elrond, I've been working on getting my STEAKS token setup correctly. I've been experimenting with my token and wanted to report the following issues I've found: 

1) When sending 100 STEAKS token to a Maiar app wallet, the transaction showed when it was received as having a value of  0.0000000001 STEAKS-abb9f1.  When I go to the block explorer and check the transaction, it does show the value of 100 STEAKS transferred.  It's almost as if it the value for the ESDT transfer on Maiar is showing the EGLD transfer value / gas, not the ESDT value transferred.  This shows on the notification screen as this and also in the transaction record in Maiar. 

2) This one is probably just hasn't been developed yet, but will user made ESDTs show in Maiar?  Hopefully there will be a way to add in Maiar-=>Wallet-=> Assets the ESDT identifier that can be then enabled to show the balance of the tokens. Or alternatively, Maiar will enable for default showing any ESDT the wallet has that's > 0 .  Currently there is no way for Maiar user to see the tokens they have. 

3) On the web wallet, at first I could not see my ESDT balance.  If I recall correctly, on the test-net wallet, having the STEAKS just showed by default in the ESDT section.  But on the current main net web wallet, I had to type in the Identifier in the search bar of the wallet's ESDT section and only then did it show the ESDTs.  Maybe this is a browser issue.  

Thanks! That covers it. Looking forward to sending out my STEAKS to users and developing things from there! 

Edited by Kevin Reese
edit1

• Elrond Team
3 hours ago, Kevin Reese said:

Hi all.  It's a really exciting time for Elrond, I've been working on getting my STEAKS token setup correctly. I've been experimenting with my token and wanted to report the following issues I've found: 

1) When sending 100 STEAKS token to a Maiar app wallet, the transaction showed when it was received as having a value of  0.0000000001 STEAKS-abb9f1.  When I go to the block explorer and check the transaction, it does show the value of 100 STEAKS transferred.  It's almost as if it the value for the ESDT transfer on Maiar is showing the EGLD transfer value / gas, not the ESDT value transferred.  This shows on the notification screen as this and also in the transaction record in Maiar. 

2) This one is probably just hasn't been developed yet, but will user made ESDTs show in Maiar?  Hopefully there will be a way to add in Maiar-=>Wallet-=> Assets the ESDT identifier that can be then enabled to show the balance of the tokens. Or alternatively, Maiar will enable for default showing any ESDT the wallet has that's > 0 .  Currently there is no way for Maiar user to see the tokens they have. 

3) On the web wallet, at first I could not see my ESDT balance.  If I recall correctly, on the test-net wallet, having the STEAKS just showed by default in the ESDT section.  But on the current main net web wallet, I had to type in the Identifier in the search bar of the wallet's ESDT section and only then did it show the ESDTs.  Maybe this is a browser issue.  

Thanks! That covers it. Looking forward to sending out my STEAKS to users and developing things from there! 

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for reporting!

The support of ESDTs/NFTs in Maiar wallet is currently under development, so expect changes soon.

We expect to have the support ready (at least for the Maiar Exchange pairs tokens) this month, with improvements to come afterwards, in incremental steps, to show the rest.

Good day Adrian!

Thanks!  I did sort of figure that these mentions were less a case of bugs and more just a case of known issues & features being in development.

Looking forward to this Year in Elrond and has been an amazing ride so far in 2020, thanks all for this wunder blockchain, certainly is a fantastic technology. I've been inspired to put on the developer hat now, and working on building some great things! 

• Like 1